I do not want to name my diet advice. It is based on scientific research, not ethics, religion or concepts about what a healthy diet should look like.
But if you still want to know the name of this method, call it a diet " Low-Carb, Real-Food (LCRF) (Low carbon hydrate, use pure food).
What does "Low Carb, Real-Food" mean?
Let's start by explaining some terms.
Low-carb diets (low carb) decrease Dark Multi-sugar and starch in meals, replace them with foods rich in protein and healthy fats.
"Real-Food" means choosing natural "fresh" foods. Avoid processed, unnatural foods caused by artificial substances.
The LCRF method is not a "diet" but a diet, lifestyle changes based on the scientific evidence given.
It is a way of eating that focuses on the food that people have used for thousands of years, before the agricultural and industrial revolution.
This diet is proven to be more effective than a low-fat diet that is still widely used today.
What foods should not be used?
You should limit the following foods.
- Street: Sugar additives are addictive, obesity and a leading cause of diseases such as obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease .
- Cereals: Stay away from cereals if you're losing weight, including bread and pasta. The gluten in cereals (wheat, wheat, barley and rye) is the worst . High-fat cereals such as rice and oats should be used without losing weight.
- Seed oil and vegetable oil: Soybean oil, corn oil and some other oils are processed fats that contain large amounts of Omega-6 fatty acids, which are very unhealthy .
- Trans fat: The type of chemical trans fat is very bad for health. They are in some processed foods .
- Artificial sweetener: Although not containing calories, observational studies show a link between obesity and other diseases . If you have to use sweetener, choose Stevia sweet grass.
- "Low-fat" and "low-fat" foods: Most of these "healthy foods" are completely unhealthy. They are often added with sugar and artificial sweeteners. Agave syrup is as bad as sugar.
- Processed food: Processed foods often have low nutrient content and contain unhealthy chemicals.
You must read the nutrition ingredients list. You will be surprised by the amount of sugar, wheat and other harmful ingredients included in "healthy foods."
Healthy foods should be eaten
Should use natural and unprocessed foods that many people believe to use. Many studies have shown that these foods are good for health .
For people who are healthy or exercise and do not need to lose weight, take root-based foods like potatoes or sweet potatoes, or gluten-free grains such as oats and rice.
If you are overweight or have metabolic problems (low HDL, high LDL cholesterol, triglyceride, Fat belly , etc.) should limit all foods containing a lot of carb .
- Meat: Beef, lamb, pork, chicken, etc. People have been eating a lot of meat for over a thousand years. Unprocessed meats are good for the body, especially if meat from animals eat natural food (like grass-fed cows).
- Fish: Fish is very good, very nutritious and rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Eat fish every week (preferably fatty fish like salmon).
- Egg: Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. Egg yolk contains many healthy nutrients. Omega-3 in eggs is very good for health.
- Vegetables: Vegetables contain a lot of fiber and essential nutrients for the human body. Eat vegetables every day.
- Fruits: variety of types and flavors, easy to process, rich in fiber and vitamin C. However, in fruits still have high sugar content, should be considered for those who are losing weight.
- Nuts and nuts: Almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds ... provide a variety of nutrients but also contain lots of calories. Use less for people who are losing weight.
- Fruit: Fruits such as potatoes and sweet potatoes are healthy, but they also contain high levels of carb. Consider if you want to lose weight.
- High-fat dairy products: cheese, cream, butter, high-fat yogurt ... are healthy and calcium-rich foods. Milk from grass-fed cows also has vitamin K2, which is very important for health .
- Fat and oil: Olive oil, butter, lard, etc. choose saturated fat when used for cooking in high temperatures like frying since they are more stable at high temperatures.
What should I drink?
- The coffee: the coffee are healthy and antioxidant-rich drinks, but people who are sensitive to caffeine should be avoided. Don't drink coffee at night because they can affect sleep.
- Tea: Tea is very good, rich in antioxidants and contains less caffeine than coffee.
- Country: Drink water often, especially when exercising. Thirst is a reliable signal when you need to drink water, but don't drink too much at once.
Carbonated soda does not contain artificial sweeteners as well. However, avoid sugary soda and artificial sweeteners, fruit juices, milk and beer.
Simple principle: Do not drink drinks containing calories.
Foods should be used in moderation
Enjoy the following foods.
- Black chocolate : should choose organic chocolate that contains more than 70% cocoa. Dark chocolate rich in fat and antioxidants.
- Alcohol: Should choose wines that are not sweet and do not contain sugar additives or carb like Vodka, Whiskey ...
How much carbs should I eat every day?
This depends on each individual.
Many people feel satisfied when using less carb (less than 50 grams) while others use a lot (150 grams), but this amount of carb is still low.
You can refer to the following data sheet:
- 10-20 grams per day: Very low, don't use any carb-containing foods except small quantities of vegetables. Suitable for people who need to lose weight, people with diabetes or metabolic syndrome.
- 20-50 grams per day: If you need to lose weight quickly, you can combine vegetables and some fruit every day.
- 50-150 grams per day: If you want to achieve optimal health and reduce your risk of life-related diseases. Use some fruits every day, even some healthy starches like potatoes and rice.
When lowering carbohydrates to less than 50 grams per day, you cannot use any food containing sugar, bread, pasta, cereals, potatoes and only a maximum of one fruit per day.
The advice is to create a free account on the website to calculate the amount of nutrient food consumed in a few days. This is a good way to maintain your carb intake.
Warning for people with diabetes: Carb meal will be converted into glucose in the digestive tract, then they become blood sugar into the body. If you use less carbs, your body will need less insulin and more hypoglycemic drugs.
It is very dangerous if blood sugar drops below the allowed level (hypoglycemia). If you have diabetes, consult your doctor before deciding to reduce your carbohydrate intake.
Why does this mode work?
Humans have developed with the way of hunting and gathering hundreds of thousands of years ago.
Our diet has changed a lot after the agricultural revolution about 10,000 years ago.
However, this change is still very small compared to the big changes seen in the past few decades with modern processed foods.
It is clear that people today use a diet very different from the diet that our ancestors developed during evolution.
There are some "primitive" populations in the world that still exist with hunting and gathering and eating natural foods. These people are thin, have excellent health and do not seem to suffer from diseases that have killed millions of Westerners .
Studies show that when people use natural foods like during hunting-gathering (also known as primitive diet), there will be a lot of weight loss and improvement effects. about health issues .
Insulin hormone is known to move glucose from blood into cells. A deficiency of insulin, or body resistance to its effects, will cause diabetes.
Insulin also has other roles in the body.
Insulin causes fat cells to produce more fat as well as stop the breakdown of the fat they carry. When the insulin density is high, the body will choose not to touch the fat to produce energy.
In the West with a high-carb diet, high levels of insulin keep fat safe from fat cells.
Carb is also the main engine for insulin secretion. Low carb diets reduce and balance blood sugar levels, thereby reducing insulin density .
When insulin drops, the body can easily access the calories contained in fat cells, but the body will take several days to adapt to burning fat instead of carb .
A low carbohydrate diet makes us feel fuller, reducing appetite. Since then, the amount of calories taken by the body is less than the calories burned and helps to lose weight .
The main benefit of a low-carb diet is that you can comfortably eat until you're full and lose weight without worrying about increasing calories. Applying a low-carb diet avoids the biggest side effect of dieting, which is hunger.
Health benefits of a low-carb diet
This is often a common misunderstanding, even some medical experts believe that a low-carb diet is bad for health. These people clearly did not learn about the studies.
The reason they give is because a low-carb diet contains a lot of saturated fat, increases cholesterol and causes heart problems.
But recent studies suggest that there is nothing to worry about. Saturated fat raises HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol) and changes LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) from a small, dense structure to benign .
The fact that saturated fat does not cause heart disease. This is simply a baseless rumor that has never been proven .
Low-carb diets help the body lose more weight and improve the risk of disease compared to a low-fat diet .
- Body fat: A low-carb diet can be eaten until it is full, often reducing fat more than a low-fat diet with a caloric limit .
- Blood sugar: One of the signs of diabetes and metabolic syndrome is that the body has high blood sugar levels, which are very harmful in the long term. Low-carb diets reduce blood sugar .
- Blood pressure: If your blood pressure is high, use a low-carb diet to lower your blood pressure .
- High triglyceride: This type of fat circulates in the blood and is a major factor causing cardiovascular disease. A low-carb diet reduces triglycerides more than a low-fat diet .
- HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol ): having "good" cholesterol means that the body is less likely to have cardiovascular disease. Low-carb diets increase HDL cholesterol more than low-fat diets .
- LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol): low-carb diets cause LDL cholesterol to change from small, thick (harmful) LDL to benign, benign LDL .
- Easier to apply: A low-carb diet seems to be easier to apply than a low-fat diet, probably because there is no need to calculate calories and limit hunger which is the worst side effect of dieting .
The above has been proven true in randomized controlled trials - scientific studies are the gold standard of research.
Initial reactions are often seen when eating a low-carb diet
When the amount of carb in this diet is replaced with protein and fat, some of the body's reactions need to take place to effectively use fat as a fuel source.
There will be major changes in hormones and the body will have to produce enzymes to burn fat instead of carb. This can last for several days and take several weeks for the body to fully adapt.
Common side effects during the first few days include:
- Feeling dizzy
Side effects are usually quite mild and there is nothing to worry about. Our bodies are accustomed to burning large amounts of carb for decades, it takes a while for them to adapt to using fat as the main fuel source.
This is called "low carb flu" and will end within 3-4 days.
In a low-carb diet, consuming enough fat is important. If you use less fat and carb, your body will feel tired and lead to giving up the whole process.
Another important thing to note is that insulin is a major cause of kidney retention of sodium. When using low carb, the kidneys release sodium. This is one of the reasons many people reduce flatulence and dehydration in the early days.
To combat this sodium depletion, add salt to food or use a bowl of soup daily. One seasoning granule from meat dissolved in one cup of soup contains 2 grams of sodium.
Many people say they feel very good when the initial adaptation phase ends.
If you don't feel well, add more fat and sodium to solve the problem.
Diet menus can save lives
The following is Plan up the sample cooking menu In a week, it delivers less than 50 grams of carb per day.
Day 1 - Monday:
- Shining: Eggs with a variety of vegetables, fried with butter or coconut oil .
- Noon : Use natural yogurt with blueberries and some almonds.
- Dark : cheese burger (without cake), served with vegetables and salsa sauce.
Day 2 - Tuesday:
- Shining: Smoked pork and eggs.
- Noon : burgers and vegetables from the night before.
- Dark : Boiled salmon with butter and vegetables.
Day 3 - Wednesday:
- Shining: Eggs and vegetables, fried with butter or coconut oil.
- Noon : Shrimp salad with a little olive oil.
- Dark : Grilled chicken served with vegetables.
Day 4 - Thursday:
- Shining: Eggs with a variety of vegetables, fried with butter or coconut oil.
- Noon : Smoothies with coconut milk, berries, almonds and protein powders.
- Dark : steak and vegetables.
Day 5 - Friday:
- Shining: Smoked pork and eggs.
- Noon : Chicken salad with olive oil.
- Dark : Pork ribs with vegetables.
Day 6 - Saturday:
- Shining: Eggs with many different vegetables.
- Noon : Natural sour salad with berries, coconut meat and some walnuts.
- Dark : Meatballs and vegetables.
Day 7 - Sunday:
- Shining: Smoked pork and eggs.
- Noon : Smoothies with coconut milk, a little fat cream, chocolate flavored protein powder and berries.
- Dark : Grilled chicken wings with raw spinach.
Try to add a variety of vegetables to your diet. If you want to keep lower than 50 grams of carb per day, you can still use a few pieces of fruit or some berries and still be safe.
Organic food and natural food are the best, but it is not easy to buy them. Just try to always choose the category within the budget.
What about a light meal?
There is no scientific evidence to suggest eating more than three meals a day. If you feel hungry between meals, use the following healthy, easy-to-carry snacks and good taste:
- Whole fat yogurt
- A piece of fruit
- Young carrots
- Hard-boiled eggs
- A handful of nuts
- A few slices of meat and cheese
What is next?
Please take a moment to sign up for free updates from this site .