Honey and cinnamon are two natural ingredients with many health benefits.
Some people believe that when combining these two ingredients, they can cure most diseases.
While there is some evidence that they are used to treat illnesses, some argue that the mixture of honey and cinnamon is too much to treat.
This article will assess the benefits of honey and cinnamon, separating the facts from them from other unknown sources of fiction.
Honey and cinnamon: Natural ingredients enhance health
Honey is made up of a sweet-tasting liquid made from bees from bees. It has been used for centuries to be food and also medicinal .
Today honey is used primarily in cooking and baking or as a sweetener in beverages
Cinnamon is a spice derived from the bark Cinnamomum .
People harvest and dry cinnamon bark, cut into small cinnamon sticks as people often see. You can buy cinnamon as a whole, crushed into powder or extracted.
Both honey and cinnamon have many health benefits. However, some people think that when combining these two materials, it is even more beneficial.
In 1995, a Canadian tabloid published an article that provided a long list of diseases that could be cured by a mixture of honey and cinnamon.
Since then, sharper statements about the combination of honey and cinnamon have been made and multiplied.
These two materials are used a lot in health protection, but not all are studied from science.
Crux : Honey and cinnamon are ingredients that can be used as food and medicine. However, not all claims about the effects of honey and cinnamon are given by scientific studies.
The benefits have been scientifically proven by cinnamon
Cinnamon is a popular spice in cooking and baking, can also be used as an additive.
There are two main types:
- Cassia cinnamon: This is also known as Chinese cinnamon, which is the most common type found in supermarkets. It is cheaper but has lower quality than Ceylon cinnamon
- Cinnamon Ceylon: This type is exactly called "real cinnamon". It's harder to find than Cassia cinnamon and a bit sweeter.
Cinnamon's health benefits relate to the active compounds present in its essential oils.
The best cinnamon compound studied is . This is also good for cinnamon spicy .
Here are some of the most outstanding benefits of cinnamon:
- May reduce inflammation: Prolonged inflammation can increase the risk of chronic disease. Studies show that cinnamon may help reduce inflammation
- May help treat myocardial degeneration: Several in vitro studies have shown that cinnamon may slow the progression of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's disease. These results need to be recognized in human studies .
- Can help fight cancer: Several in vitro and animal studies have shown that cinnamon helps prevent the growth and reproduction of cancer cells. However, it also needs to be confirmed by human studies .
Some also suggest that cinnamon may be a natural treatment for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), premenstrual syndrome (PMS), and chamber Multi-follicle eggs (PCOS) and food poisoning.
However, there is no sufficient evidence to confirm the above statements.
Crux : Cinnamon is one of the best spices in the world. Both types of cinnamon have many health benefits, but cinnamon Ceylon is a better choice if you regularly use cinnamon.
Benefits of honey
In addition to being a healthier choice diameter , honey also has some effects as a medicine.
However, it is important to note that not all categories are the same.
Most of the benefits of honey focus on high quality, unrefined honey.
Here are some of the health benefits of honey that have been scientifically proven:
- A very effective cough cure: One study found that honey is more effective in controlling nighttime coughs than it is - An ingredient in most types of cough syrup. More research is needed to prove this .
- Effective in treating wounds and burns: An assessment based on six studies indicates that applying honey to the skin is an extremely effective treatment for wounds .
Honey is also thought to help sleep better, improve memory, stimulate sexual ability, treat fungal infections and be a natural way to remove plaque on your teeth. However, these statements are not supported by science.
Crux : Honey has a number of health benefits related to its antioxidant and antibacterial abilities.
Both honey and cinnamon have certain health benefits
In theory, honey and cinnamon itself have a good effect, but when combined with each other, it can be more powerful.
There are several similarities between the health benefits of honey and cinnamon. Both are beneficial in the following areas:
Honey and cinnamon can reduce the risk of heart disease
A mixture of honey and cinnamon can reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
That's because it can help reverse some health signs that significantly increase the risk of disease.
They include extremely bad cholesterol (LD) and high triglyceride levels.
High blood pressure and low "good" cholesterol (HDL) are complementary factors that can increase your risk.
Interestingly, honey and cinnamon have a positive effect on all of these.
Studies show that using honey helps lower LDL cholesterol by 6-11% and lower triglyceride levels by 11%. Honey can also increase good HDL cholesterol by about 2% .
A meta-analysis showed that daily doses of cinnamon reduced total cholesterol to an average of 16 mg / dl, LDL cholesterol levels were as bad as 9 mg / dl and triglyceride levels to 30 mg / dl. Good HDL cholesterol levels also increased slightly .
Although not studied together, cinnamon and honey have been shown to modestly lower blood pressure. However this study is done on animals .
In addition, both foods are rich in antioxidants, have many cardiovascular benefits. Polyphenol antioxidants improve blood flow to the heart and prevent blood clots, reducing the risk of heart attack and stroke
Honey and cinnamon help prevent heart disease because they both help reduce inflammation. Chronic inflammation is a major factor in the development of heart disease .
Honey and cinnamon are very useful when healing wounds
Both honey and cinnamon have documents that prove useful for healing skin wounds and infections when applying this mixture to the skin.
Honey and cinnamon are both resistant to bacteria and reduce inflammation. These are two very important factors when heal skin .
When applied to the skin, honey is also quite effective when treating burns. It can also cure foot ulcers - a serious complication of diabetics .
Cinnamon can bring some benefits for wound healing by its powerful antibacterial properties.
Foot ulcers in people with diabetes have a very high risk of infection and resistance. Experimental studies show that cinnamon oil protects and protects against antibiotic-resistant bacteria .
However, this study uses cinnamon oil rather than cinnamon powder that you can easily find at grocery stores. There is no evidence that cinnamon powder has the same effect.
Honey and cinnamon may work well for people with diabetes
This has been documented that regular use of cinnamon is very good for people with diabetes. It also prevents diabetes .
Many studies show that cinnamon reduces blood sugar levels in diabetics .
One of the ways that cinnamon Reduce blood sugar is increased sensitivity to insulin. Cinnamon makes cells sensitive to insulin hormones and helps the sugar metabolize from blood into cells .
Honey also has many potential benefits for diabetes. Studies show that honey has less effect on blood sugar than diameter .
In addition, honey reduces bad cholesterol LDL and triglycerides in people with diabetes, while increasing good HDL cholesterol .
Honey and cinnamon are thought to be better than sugar when drinking with tea. However, honey still has high carb content, so diabetics use it in moderation.
Honey and cinnamon are rich in antioxidants
Both honey and cinnamon are excellent sources of antioxidants, which have many benefits for your health .
Antioxidants are substances that help protect you from unstable elements called free radicals, which can damage your cells.
Honey is rich in antioxidant phenols, linked to reducing the risk of heart disease .
Cinnamon is also home to many oxidants. When compared to other spices, cinnamon ranks high in antioxidant content .
Using honey and cinnamon together can provide you with a powerful antioxidant medicine.
Crux : Some health problems can use honey and cinnamon to support. This combination improves cardiovascular health, wound healing and is useful for diabetics.
Some unproven claims about honey and cinnamon
The idea of combining these two powerful components to create a more powerful treatment is quite reasonable.
However, no direct study has shown that the combination of honey and cinnamon produces a miraculous substance that can cure many diseases.
In addition, many suggestions of using honey and cinnamon are not supported by science.
Here are some popular but unproven claims about honey and cinnamon:
- They can counteract allergy symptoms: Several studies have been done about the ability of honey to reduce allergy symptoms, but the evidence presented is not convincing .
- Honey and cinnamon can cure the common cold: Honey and cinnamon have strong antibacterial properties, but most colds are caused by viruses.
- Honey and cinnamon can treat acne: Although the antibacterial properties of both ingredients may be beneficial for acne-prone skin, scientific studies have yet to uncover the effectiveness of this mixture to treat acne.
- Natural natural weight loss: Some studies show that replacing sugar with honey contributes to less weight gain, but there is no evidence that cinnamon and honey help weight loss .
- Massage with this mixture can help reduce joint pain: Honey and cinnamon reduce inflammation, but there is no claim that applying this mixture to your skin can reduce arthritis.
- Honey and cinnamon can improve digestive problems: There are suggestions that honey is beneficial to the stomach and both of these ingredients will fight intestinal infections. However, this has not been specifically studied
Crux : Honey and cinnamon are both healthy, but there is no evidence that combining them will increase efficiency
How to use cinnamon and honey to improve health
The best way to use honey in the diet is to replace it with sugar.
Make sure you buy pure honey, because the processed honey in the supermarket doesn't have any health benefits.
You should use honey carefully, as it still has a high sugar index - just less harmful than the diameter.
It should also be noted that cinnamon contains compounds called coumarin, which can be toxic in large doses. Coumarin content in Cassia cinnamon is higher than cinnamon Ceylon .
It is best to buy cinnamon Ceylon for use, but if you want to use Cassia cinnamon, limit the daily intake to about ½ teaspoon (0.5 - 2 grams). The body safe is about 1 teaspoon (5 grams) of Ceylon cinnamon per day .
To use honey and cinnamon to treat skin wounds, mix honey with a small amount of cinnamon oil and apply it directly to the injured area.
Crux : Honey and cinnamon can be eaten or applied on the skin. Use pure honey and cinnamon Ceylon to get the best health benefits
Honey and cinnamon have many health benefits and are proven by science.
Both of these ingredients are particularly useful for improving cardiovascular health and wound healing.
However, there is no specific scientific evidence to prove that combining these two ingredients creates a miraculous cure.