Sugar is the only worst ingredient added in the modern diet.
It provides calories without additional nutrients and can damage your metabolism in the long run.
Eating too much sugar will make you gain weight quickly and lead to many diseases like obesity, type II diabetes and heart disease.
So how much sugar is enough? You can eat a little sugar every day without harming your body or you can avoid it as far as possible.
Sugar Added To Food And Natural Sugar Has Huge Differences.
It is necessary to clearly distinguish between sugars and natural sugars found in natural foods such as fruits, vegetables, etc.
Natural sugars are good for your health. You can add sugar to your body by eating healthy foods that contain plenty of water, plenty of fiber, lots of vitamins and minerals and low sugar content ... etc.
However, added sugar and foods are usually sucrose, or fructose, or corn syrup.
If you want to lose weight effectively and optimize your health, it's best to stay away from foods with added sugar.
Too High Consumption of Sugar
It is difficult to find exact numbers of sugar consumed each year.
According to US data in 2008, people consumed more than 28 kg of sugar added to food each year, not to mention the amount of sugar consumed from sugary fruit juices.
In 2008, the average daily consumption amount was 76.7 grams, equivalent to 19 teaspoons or 306 calories.
According to this study, sugar consumption has decreased to 23% between 2000 and 2008, mainly because people drink drinks with less sugar.
So we are on the right track, and that is good news!
However, the current sugar consumption is still too high and it is one of the main reasons that make people fat and sick.
Specifically, excessive consumption of sugar is directly related to obesity, type II diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer, tooth decay, fatty liver disease, etc.
Everyday Should Eat How Much Sugar Is Safe?
Unfortunately, there is currently no exact answer to this simple question. Because some people can eat some sugar without harm, while others should avoid it as far as possible.
According to the American Heart Association (AHA), the maximum sugar you should eat during the day is:
- Men: 150 calories per day (37.5 grams or 9 teaspoons).
- Women: 100 calories per day (25 grams or 6 teaspoons).
If your body is completely healthy, lean muscle, the amount of sugar is relatively reasonable. Your body will burn this small amount of sugar without harming the body.
But the important thing is, you should not add sugar to your daily diet. They will not bring you any health benefits or physiological benefits.
The less sugar you eat, the healthier you are.
What Should You Do If Being Overweight or Obesity?
If you are overweight, obesity, diabetes ... etc, you should avoid the road as far as possible.
In that case, you should not consume sugar every day, only eating sugar 1-2 times a week is best, and should eat with moderate amounts.
But if you want to be truly healthy, you absolutely should not consume products with added sugar.
Products such as soft drinks, baked goods, cakes, processed foods ... etc are actually not on the list of healthy foods. It is a list of foods commonly found in the diet of obese people. Therefore, you should limit or completely remove them from your diet right now, if you want to lose weight successfully and have a healthy health.
If You Add Sugar, Should It Be Completely Removed?
Sugary snacks will stimulate the same area in the brain as you are addicted to.
Therefore, sugar can make you lose control of your daily calorie consumption.
If you've ever had an insatiable eating history, and failed to control the amount of food consumed daily and this failure repeated with any method you used, that means You may be addicted just like I have been.
Sugar addiction is like smoking, you need to stay away and eliminate it completely.
Removing sugar out of your sight is the most effective way to help you overcome addiction.
Currently, I don't have the same craving for sugar as before. I have not touched it for more than 7 months, and I have reduced a considerable amount of weight. That is the most wonderful thing I have received in the past.
How To Reduce Daily Sugar Diet?
To minimize sugar in your diet, you should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Beverage : The drinks are extremely terrible sugar, you should avoid them like avoiding epidemics, as far away from them as possible.
- Fruit juice : You may be surprised at this drink, but in fruit juices actually contain the same amount of sugar as other drinks.
- Sweets and sweets : You should limit the consumption of sweets.
- Grilled food : Variety of baked goods, cakes ... etc are often given lots of sugar and refined carbohydrates.
- Canned fruits in syrup form : You should choose fresh fruit instead.
- Dietary and low-fat foods : Fatty foods are often added to lots of sugar.
- Dried fruit : You should limit eating dry fruits, avoid as far as possible.
- Drink filtered water instead of fresh water or juice and don't add sugar to your coffee or tea.
- In cooking, Instead of removing sugar you can give cinnamon , nutmeg, almonds, vanilla, ginger or lemon to increase the flavor of the dish.
Just a few minutes on google, you will find great natural alternative foods, even if you completely remove the sugar from your daily diet.
You can also replace sugar with sweet sugar stevia - 0-calorie natural sugar is good for your health.
What Is Sugar In The Processed Food?
The best and simplest way to cut sugar out of your diet is to cut down on processed foods and add sugar to your body with fresh, high-fiber and low-grade fruits. Street.
This way of doing it will not require you time to calculate, count calories or get depressed by the food.
Here are three tips to help you know how to choose healthy and safe foods with you:
- Sugar has many names such as sucrose, fructose, corn syrup, sugar cane, glucose, raw sugar and many other sugars.
- If a packaged food contains one of the first three sugars, you should avoid it.
- If a packaged food contains more than one type of sugar, avoid it.
- You must also be careful because many other sugars are labeled as healthy sugars such as agave, honey, organic sugar cane and coconut sugar ... etc.
Warning: You must read the nutrition label carefully! Even disguised foods as "health food" can be loaded with sugar.
Message To You
Some people can control a small amount of sugar in their diet, while others are addicted to it, overeating, resulting in rapid weight gain and many illnesses.
Through this article, I hope you will find the sugar that best suits your body and has a healthy, sugar-free diet.